Yesterday afternoon I decided to start playing my grey cormo. I guessed that 3 plies would give me a fingering weight yarn and I’d end up with 2 giant skeins each with 5-6 ounces.
Turns out I ended up with more of a lace weight yarn but I’m hoping it will bloom a bit in a soak. I should still get alot of yardage either way. I used every other bobbin to help blend any inconsistency in the singles. This first plied bobbin has single bobbins numbered 1,3, and 6.
Tonight I’m going to ply the other 3 bobbins I have finished, numbers 2, 4 and 5. I’m just now sitting down at my wheel for the day. The day was busy with summer camp and a needle felting class I taught at work. I didn’t take any pictures but I did needle felt a bit once I got home. I made a cute little pig to sit on our mantle along with my sheep and gnome.
Until next time, laugh often, love deeply and knit the day away!